Nov 14, 2008

Soldier's Angels


I Adopted a Soldier!



I recently joined Soldier's Angels (http://www.soldiersangels.org) a couple months ago.

Soldier's Angels is a support organization for United States service personnel.

From the website: Soldier's Angels is a volunteer-led nonprofit that has over 20 different teams and programs supporting all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. Through special projects, dedicated teams and individuals supporting the troops, they make a visible difference in the lives of service members and their families.

--I wanted to do this to show my appreciation for our troops. I was especially moved to do it when I heard that there was suicide going on and troop morale was low. I cried so much when I heard that. So now I have been assigned a soldier and I write him encouraging notes/letters once a week, and one small package per month. (that's the requirement, but I'm more than glad to do it).

I just checked the site right now and in the upper right hand corner you can see that there are 6 Heroes waiting to be adopted. I've never seen the number so low, that's good! When I signed up there were 123 Heroes waiting.

So these cards have gone out to my adopted soldier over the past couple months and I just sent him a Thanksgiving package today. I hope he'll get it in time. I believe he's in Iraq, the address is an APO address so I don't exactly know where he is, but it doesn't matter. I just pray that he is safe and warm.


top card
stamps: unknown
paper: SU real red, night of navy, whisper white
inks: SU real red, pacific point
accessories: star punch

bottom card
stamps: SU The Free & The Brave, SU Stars & Swirls (retired), The Angel Company (retired military set)
paper: SU real red, night of navy, confetti white, pacific point
inks: SU real red, pacific point, copic markers

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful card Maxine!!!TFS!