Sep 30, 2008

Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks

Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks

available at Creative Play Stamps

Adirondack Color Chart:
I've been playing around with and experimenting with Tim Holtz's Alcohol Inks and finding that the possibilities of what you can do with them is just endless! There are a total of 24 colors available, and an extra 4 bottles of metallic colors, called *Metallic Mixatives*. There is also a Blending Solution and various applicator tools available. These inks are made for applying to non-porous materials like glass, plastic and metal.

YOU CAN SEE A VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE, at Creative Play Stamps.

Description: Ranger Adirondack Alcohol ink is acid-free, fast drying, and transparent. These Earthtone dye inks are specially formulated to create a colorful, polished stone effect. Use on glossy paper, dominoes, metal, shrink plastic, glass, and other slick surfaces.

  • Acid free
  • Fade Resistant Dye Inks
  • Multi-Surface
  • Half Ounce Bottles
  • Precision Tips
  • Color coordinates with other Adirondack products

So, when I started to work with them I couldn't see the ink's true colors just by looking at the bottle so I decided to make a color chart for myself. I used clear plastic buttons from 7 Gypsies and dabbled a little of each color onto each button. (I don't have all 24 colors). You can click on the chart and it will enlarge. On the bottom row, the last 2 buttons on the right are coated with rangers Inksensstials Accents, *Matte* and *Sepia* which when applied will create either a non-shiny matte look (matte), or an antique brownish-pinkish hue (sepia).

All the supplies can be bought at Creative Play Stamps (www.creativeplaystamps.com)

I will post more tests, findings and experiments over the next couple weeks so be sure to check back!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you come up with! I had a package of these for TWO years before I got up the nerve to open it! I used it to dye clear faux dew drops. Worked perfectly!