Oct 9, 2007

Something crafty this way comes + summer break


OK! I'm back!

No one probably noticed but I'm back and busy making all kinds of things Halloween-y.

After attending my first ever Stampin' Up convention this past summer I took a stamping break and just worked on scrapbooks. --Let me tell you, that was one awesome convention! Everyday was packed with ideas, classes, product info, samples and make-n-takes. I will post some of the samples from the convention in the next few days.

Here are some little paper baskets I made that hold candies and other goodies. My upline Brenda showed us how to make it.




This was the make-n-take project we did at her house. This set is available in the current Holiday Mini for $17.95 and is called "Autumn Harvest". We used a watercolor wonder pen and classic ink pads to achieve this pretty shading!

"Creepy Crawly" designer paper is available until Dec. 31 - convenient for those who scrapbook too.










All-time favorite "Carved & Candlelit" stamp set.













A large basket using "Creepy Crawly" designer paper and Clear Round Buttons (page 191) $4.95 for 24 buttons in 3 sizes. Instead of using brads to secure the sides of the box together, I used Black Hemp Twine (only $2.50), a clear round button and a punched-out circle of designer paper to show through underneath the clear button. There are 2 hole punches in the box and also going though the handle. These holes line up with the holes in the buttons and the black hemp twine is holding everything together! Neat, huh? I also used 2 circle punches and the new scallop punch to make the *happy halloween* sentiment stand out, popping them up with dimensionals.







Stamps: "Arachnaphobia" wheel ($6.50, page 28) and "Bitty Boos Too"($17.95). I love this set! I love how the stamps are small and cute and how you can punch them out with various punches. I used the same technique here with using the 3 different punches and then popping it up with dimensionals.





Paper: new InColor "Wild Wasabi", Lavender Lace, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black wheel cartridge, classic ink pad and marker
Punches: Scallop punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" circle punches



You can't really see it, but the web is glistening and glittery and more transparent than it shows in this photo. It looks white here for some reason. I used Crystal Effects glue to draw the web and then poured Dazzling Diamonds glitter over it while it was still wet. The *happy halloween* sentiment is from the 56-piece set "Everyday Flexible Phrases". There is a word in that set for just about every occasion.








More "Bitty Boos Too", scallop punching and "Creepy Crawly" designer paper.







No comments: